Saturday 23 May 2009

Setting Up for Failure….

Oh my friend …Let me help you…he heard this voice coming from behind, he turned and saw a wise looking genteel man. Sir, how may help you, he replied oh no my dear I am here to help you. Me he said with amusement and relaxation coming at the same time. Then the man said, my child I see you working so hard for your master and I am here to help you. He looked so confused at the same time felt so blessed, and then he said, but my master told me to do all this on my Owen. The man said oh don’t you worry my child I work for the same master, and that makes us brothers. I know the master for a long time and as he told me I will help you and get your work done. His eyes were glowing and they exchanged the slight as lovers. He said so why don’t you become my guide and mentor, why don’t you take the lead and I will continue working. The man said oh no you have been here and I should first learn from you, how to work here. Time passed and the man became his pal. Then one day master called him and said do you know people don’t like you? Do you know they don’t want you? He got shattered and asked the master I was just getting the work done and now you are saying me all this? Then the master said oh my child this happens this is the world, this is how things are done. Why don’t you take help from the Man I sent for your help, he is your friend. He was so delighted to here this and he jumped from joy and said I will give him all I have and so the work will get done. He went to the Man, and then the man said oh my friend don’t you worry I am always there for you and believe me I will protect you from all. He was so delighted and thus he gain started working and this time even harder than ever. The Man said I will tell you how to do things and what to do as I am your friend. He started handing over things to him so the Man had final results in his hand and the Man passed them to the master. The master stopped talking to him since he was getting everything from the Man. He was no where in the picture, he thought his friend is helping him and the master knew about his hard work. One day he decided to speak to the master, he went to the master and said Master oh my Master! My lord is so grateful that I have a master like you. The master said tell me what happened now? What have you done now? Master’s voice was grim and it shocked him completely. He again said oh master why are you angry at me? Master said oh! You stop bothering me with your questions; I am just feed up from you everybody complains about you I had to put my Man to get things done. You have become a plague for the people out there. He was astonished he felt on his knees and said Master oh my Master I know people complained against me but you know they were wrong their prejudice and snobbishness created your problem. I helped them even did their work and you man ask him he is my friend and he knows all about it. Then the master said yes I know he is your friend and he has been protecting you but see all the results came from him he is the one who did all the work you were just there doing nothing. He tried getting up from his knees and said my lord my master ask you man who worked and got all these for him? I did it master. I did it. Then came the Man and again they exchanged the slight as lovers. He thought his saviour is here he stood up straight and said to the master. My Master my lord now you have you man the one you trust more than me ask him my lord please ask him. His voice was stronger than earlier and he was standing straight, it looked like a wounded worrier mounting for his pride and fighting till his last drop of blood to defend his nation. The Master then turned to his man and said him to answer his question and tell him what has happened on the ground. Master’s voice was so thunderous that it gave shivers in the spin, but he stood straight facing them. Then the Man said Master you are right he was just there and I had to do all on my Owen. Everybody was so irritated with him and I was just managing all of this. I know how I have lived this. It was just for old time sake that we spared him, but know the time has come where we should take tough decisions. He is of no use and he deserves nothing, my master I am not telling you to be cruel but I just request you to be a King. The Master turned to him and he was still standing firm and then he said now you tell me do you plead guilty. He looked into his Master’s eyes just as an archer looks at his target, confident and with spark of joy which says that I will get this target. The Master repeated his question and his voice became bleak. He smiled and again they (he and the man) exchanged the site, this time it lasted a while. Both had a spark in their eyes the man had a fire which was burning high with the fuel of achievement and sense of appreciation. The man had the same glow in his eyes what a knight would have had when knighthood was awarded to him. On the other hand he had an unprecedented glow in his eyes which was so bright that it was even in lighting his face and his forehead was glowing like a star. Everybody was astonished with this reaction; a man who was just shattered by the words of his master is standing tough like a rock. The silence was broken by a hefty voice of the Master why don’t you answer my question. He smiled and said Master I do plead guilty and request you to punish me please don’t show your mercy on me I broke your confidence, I don’t deserve your mercy. I was set up for a failure and I failed you don’t need people like me, I am nobody to suggest anything but my lord what you need is men like those, your men! The master said what do you mean by set up for failure and who is this allegation for? He smiled again and said when there were people against me he was the one who fuelled them or may be pacified them but I was not made aware. You told me to handover things to him but he was given the credit since you never came to know that I am there doing everything. This is a huge learning but Master I am the one who dosn't want all this I know how to work and I just work to achieve things rather that doing nothing and taking credit. The mater said I know you deserve a punishment but I grant you mercy. He said no master no I can’t take your mercy I want death, at least give me the credit of my failure if not achievements. He pleaded like a victim pleading for mercy, but everybody was astonished and found it tough to believe that a man is pleading for punishment. He went to his Master and said oh my master do take all my position do take my Victoria cross but please give me my punishment I have given my sweet and blood for the same. I don’t even want a tomb stone on my grave but master give me my punishment. The generations to come will swear by your name. The master was shocked but he ordered, cut his head…….

No comments:

Post a Comment